The ha-index is a new revolutionary index to measure the impact
of a researcher.
It is computed by taking her (his) height in centimeters and substracting 100.
For women, 12 is added to the obtained value.
- An ha-index between 80 and 85 is considered to be excellent.
- An ha-index higher than 85 is too good.
- An ha-index lower than 70 needs to be improved.
The main advantages of the ha-index over other indices:
- very easy to compute
- gives better estimates of a researchers impact than others
- in a research group this parameter clearly indicates the visibility
of the researcher. The higher your index the more you stand out of the crowd.
- chinese research will have troubles to catch up
- confuses american researchers not used to centimeters
- Some estimates of ha-indices
- Ike Antkare: -100
- Vladimir P.: 69 or 70
- Barack O.: 85
- Abraham L.: 93
- Angela M.: 85
- Nicolas S.: 68
- François H.: 74
- Dominique de V.: 93
- Dominique S.K.: 70
- Tomas Vojnar: 83
- Thomas Colcombet: 92
- Olivier Serre: 90
- Mihaela Sighireanu: 81
- Tayssir Touili: 87
- Carsten Kern: 102 (Are you better than that ?)
- Roland Meyer: 81
If you TOO want to refer to YOUR ha-index, please link to this page.
- The ha-index is used already by a lot (last year alone the number of people
using the ha-index has increased by a staggering 50% !)
of famous people.
Here are a few: